Walking as an exercise can do wonders to your body. But in order to enjoy your walk you need to have a good posture, this will ensure that you breathe easy and it avoids back pains. If you are constantly suffering from aches and pains, it’s time to work on your walking posture.
Here are 6 useful steps for a good walking posture:
- Stand up straight and remember, don’t arch your back.
- Don’t lean when you are walking. It strains your muscles that results in severe pain.
- While you are walking make sure you keep your eyes forward so that you can see your path clearly.
- Make sure you keep your chin up while walking to avoid strain on your neck and back.
- Remember to keep your shoulders back and relaxed. By doing so you’ll be able to relieve tension.
- Tucking your stomach will help you get a good walking posture.
It is important to check your posture from time to time while you are walking to ensure you have a pleasurable walking experience. Also, remember to reduce your mobile phone usage while you are walking. Believe it or not, it contributes to the posture problems, as while using your phone you tend to look down resulting in losing your walking posture.
Now that you are equipped with this knowledge, it’s time to put on your walking shoes, head out for a walk with a perfect posture.
Source: MaxBupa Health Care