Fixing the issue of online printers showing frequently offline in windows 10 can always be a stressful as well as confusing task. This is why keeping this article bookmarked will be a lifesaving hack. However, this error usually occurs without any apparent constant reason. The only mere reasons for this to occur may be the unknowingly check-marked use of printer offline mode, or printer not set as default, outdated drivers, issues in network configuration, and much more. This is why to fix the hp printer offline Windows 10, you must first analyze these causes.
The below-listed instructions will certainly help you out to find the most accurate solution for your problem.
Check Printer Driver
In case of an outdated or corrupted printer, driver HP printer might always show an offline error.
- Go to the search and find “Device Manager”.
- Now click on the ‘Printers’ section and locate your printer’s model number.
- ‘Right Click’ on it and click on the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Next just press on the ‘search automatically’ option and wait until your printer’s driver is updated. Once the process is completed, restart your device.
- But if you want to reinstall your driver, go to the ‘control panel’ and click on the ‘remove programs’ option and uninstall your existing driver.
- Thereafter download your printer’s driver from HP’s website and install it.
Check Your Wire Connection When HP Printer Goes Offline
In many cases, the HP printer keeps going offline on Windows 10 due to improper connection. You can fix this by-
Check if USB cable’s both ends are properly connected to the printer and computer or If you have a wireless connection make sure the printer and router connectivity is proper.
You also need to make sure that the power cable is connected properly between the printer and power socket and is intact without any cuts.
Fix Network Connection Error
One of the key reasons for the hp wireless printer offline windows 10 is a Wifi connectivity issue or that its IP address is not configured properly in the windows device.
To ensure that the IP address is configured properly, follow the below-listed steps-
- First of all, Open the ‘HP configuration screen’ and click on the ‘networking tab’ from settings.
- Next, select the IP address option from the drop-down menu and then click on the manual setting option. Lastly, just enter the accurate IP address correctly and your issue would be eradicated.
Thus, similar to these quick solutions you can also try the easier checks like setting your printer as default manually or unchecking the offline printer option. Most importantly to avoid the HP printer from being offline, you shall make sure that all printer drivers are accurately installed & updated. Regular and consistent checks on your printer lessen almost half of the issues that can cause possible errors while using the printer for indefinite hours.
For several such other issues, avoid straining yourself and just get in touch with the most reliable experts out there. With a wide range of solutions and years of experience, the executives at PrinterITsupport have made sure to resolve every query related to your printer. Reach out for the easiest solutions today at PrinterITsupport.com.